RETREAT IN THE REAL WORLD
Getting to the Heart of God
Retreat in the Real World (RRW) is an 8-week journey adopted from the Ignatian Adventure by Kevin O’Brien, SJ and the more known Retreat in Daily Life (RDL), an annotation of the Spiritual Exercises (SpEx) of St. Ignatius of Loyola. RRW is held twice a year. The first run starts in February and the second one starts in October. This program is done completely online from the interviews, prayer workshop, launch, spiritual directions, and conclusion.
Retreat in the Real World is Designed For:
People who want to have a deeper relationship with God and seek to surrender his oneself to Him.
Individuals who are about to make a crucial decision and want clarity.
People who are busy and cannot take time off but still want to experience spiritual exercise (SpEx).
Dates to Remember
- January 10th, Sunday – Deadline of applications
- January 24th, Sunday – Online Prayer Workshop
- February 7th, Sunday – Launch and Start of Week 1
- March 28th, Sunday – Conclusion and Appropriation
Please download the Zoom app at www.zoom.us
How to Enroll In This Retreat
Those Interested Must
- Fill out the RRW registration form and submit on or before January 10th, Sunday
- Undergo an interview through phone call or video call. The schedule of the interview will be set upon submission of the application form.
- Attend a prayer workshop online that will be given a week before the schedule of the launch.
- Prepare to set aside at least 45-90 minutes per day for prayer and reflection.
- Be willing to be guided by a lay spiritual director.
- Be willing to have once a week spiritual direction sessions online and must have reliable Internet connection.
- Be willing to go back to prayer if the spiritual director feels that the directee has not connected deeply enough with the Lord in certain prayer exercises.
FEES & PAYMENT
- Registration fee for RRW is P6,000 inclusive of the online prayer workshop, two recollections (launch and conclusion) and fee for weekly spiritual direction sessions.
- At least 50% non-refundable downpayment must be made on or before the date of the online prayer workshop, January 24, 2021. Full payment must be made on or before the date of the Launch, February 7, 2021.
- Full refund if cancellation is at least seven (7) days before the event, January 31, 2021.
- 50% refund if cancellation is at least five (5) days before the event, February 2, 2021.
- Fees are non-refundable if cancellation is made within three (3) days before the event. February 4, 2021.
For any inquiries, please contact email@example.com or 0977 017 0024 on WhatsApp or Viber.
“Through the RRW, I was able to find God in the marketplace of my life. The application of my faith in the kitchen of my existence has been easy because the program is set in my normal, day-to-day life. The program gave me the opportunity to be pursue my desire to follow, love, and know Jesus. I found God in my daily grind.
“I was initially hesitant to join because the RRW was done completely online. I am grateful I gave it a chance. I did not allow my fear of technology to drive me away from the benefits of attending the program. In fact, I found the online platform very convenient for me.”
“I had been asking God how I could best serve Him in this phase of my life in my 50’s, and I longed for a deeper connection with Him. Eight weeks of guided contemplation, meditation, and reflection for an hour or less per day was exactly what I needed. Familiar scripture came alive and mundane details of my days became more meaningful with the prayer techniques of imaginative contemplation and examen. I learned to listen to God with my heart together with my mind. I learned patience in the practice of being still and silent while waiting for God to communicate with me. The weekly spiritual direction was invaluable. Insights offered about my personal sharing were spirit-filled and spot-on.
“The online format of the RRW suited me because I live far away in California, and it all worked out great! The distance and time difference were non-issues. We had no trouble with the scheduling of our weekly online meetings for spiritual direction.”