WALKING THE ENNEAGRAM
The Nine Paths to Practicing Presence
WALKING THE ENNEAGRAM: The Nine Paths To Practicing Presence
The Enneagram System offers us an intricate and intimate look into our inner landscape, guiding us into a deeper understanding of ourselves and of others. Once we see the inner workings of our Enneagram type, we can see how we block ourselves from love and from realizing our inherent union with God.
Anyone who is engaged in the ministry of accompaniment and spiritual care regardless of faith tradition can benefit from this four-day webinar. The Enneagram is a non-judgmental map and path that describes nine different ego structures. Each type has its own set of preoccupations, motivations and behaviors. Its invitation is to wake up from patterns that are self-limiting, to listen to what resonates deep within us and to live authentic lives. This map and path is a truthful guide in supporting the journey from automatic to authentic.
The webinar will be every Saturday from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm starting on November 21, 28, December 5, and 12.
This four-day webinar is designed for spiritual directors/companions – as well as chaplains, pastors, and even psychotherapists and counselors – who want to learn how to use the Enneagram system with those they accompany. So applicants must have attended a workshop on the Enneagram and/or have a good working knowledge of the dynamics of the Enneagram system. In addition to teaching inputs, and exercises on presence and attention, small group discussions and question & answer time will be included in each session. We hope each participant will leave the webinar with a clear idea of how to use the Enneagram in accompaniment and when it might be appropriate.
Aside from giving an introduction on the Enneagram as a map of our internal processing system, session One will focus on the person of the director, therapist, counselor, etc. Knowing one’s type, what disposition should a director, therapist, counselor, etc. have in the ministry of accompaniment in order to be of help to the person being accompanied? What do I need to be aware of so that my type does not get in the way of accompaniment.
Focus will be on what the director, therapist, counselor, etc. needs to know when people belonging to the Competent types (1, 3, and 5) come to them for accompaniment. This session will highlight common themes and how these offer entry points into accompaniment. It will also look into each type’s vices and virtues, strengths and challenges. Lastly, what might the tasks be for directors/counselors for each of the types.
Focus will be on what the director, therapist, counselor, etc. needs to know when people belonging to the Optimistic types (2, 7, and 9) come to them for accompaniment. This session will highlight common themes and how these offer entry points into accompaniment. It will also look into each type’s vices and virtues, strengths and challenges. Lastly, what might the tasks be for directors/counselors for each of the types.
Focusing on the Head or Thinking center of intelligence, Sandra will explore common themes for types 5, 6 & 7, and how to use these in spiritual direction. After addressing common patterns of head types, we’ll explore each type’s particular vices and virtues, strengths and challenges. This final session ends with a time for questions as well as a sharing of insights gleaned about oneself and the other types.
How to Enroll in this Webinar
Interested participants must be:
1. Aware of their Enneagram types and some basic dynamics through an Enneagram course or training;
2. Accompanying other people as a spiritual director, counselor, life coach, pastor, religious, psychotherapist, human resources practitioner, and the like;
3. Familiar with or willing to learn how to use Zoom;
4. Available to attend ALL four sessions:
- November 21, Saturday, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- November 28, Saturday, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- December 5, Saturday, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- December 12, Saturday, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
5. Intentional in creating a sacred space at home where they can pray and reflect in silence;
6. Willing to do some assignments and participate in breakout group sessions.
1. Fill out the online registration form by clicking the “Register to this Webinar” button below.
2. Upon submission of the registration form, wait for the schedule of your phone interview.
3. After a successful interview, you may proceed to paying the registration fee through bank deposit or online payments. The payment details will be sent after the interview.
FEES & PAYMENT
- PHP3,000: Early bird rate for those paying in full on or before October 31st
- PHP3,500: Regular rate for payments received from November 1-19
- Full refund if cancellation is at least seven (7) days before the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is at least 72 hours before the event.
- Fees are non-refundable if cancellation is made within three days before the event.
For more information, please contact: